This matcha latte bubble tea is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up! Just look at those fun bubbles…I promise this tea will make your day just much better!
If you’re not so much into the latte part of this drink, you can make it without the non-dairy milk, too! Just add water instead of the non-dairy milk, and you’ll get a delicious treat that looks like this…
Here is a link to the bubble tea I get off Amazon.
Matcha Latte Bubble Tea
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1.5 cups tapioca pearls
- 4 cups water
- 5 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp culinary matcha powder
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Boba: Bring 4 cups of water to boil over high heat. Add the tapioca pearls and stir until they start floating to the surface. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 12 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 12 minutes.
- Simple syrup: Add the turbinado and 1/2 cup water to a sauce pan. Turn to medium heat and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Drain the boba and pour into a small bowl with 1/4 cup of the simple syrup. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Tea: Heat your non-dairy milk until it is just about to simmer. Sift the matcha into a blender. Add your milk to the blender. Blend until frothy. Add your ice cubes. Blend if desired.
- Assemble: Add ~1/3 cup of tapioca pearls to each glass. Top with blended tea. Enjoy!
Want to see more of my matcha recipes? Check them out here.