The warm, bright green traditional matcha ever so slightly melts the cold ice cream with this matcha affogato afternoon pick-me-up. Get ready for a matcha float that's less than 10 minutes away from your enjoyment!
- 12 oz water hot, not boiling
- 1 tsp matcha powder culinary grade
- 1-2 scoops ice cream
- Blend the water and matcha on high for 1-2 minutes. You can also use a frother or matcha whisk.
- Add your ice cream to a glass or bowl. Pour the matcha over the ice cream and serve!
What kinds of ice cream taste good with the matcha tea?
Use your favorite vanilla ice cream, my vanilla date ice cream, hojicha gelato, or double up with some matcha ice cream! My current favorite is vanilla date, but if I'm out, I'll grab my favorite vanilla.
Which kind of matcha should I use for this matcha float?
What is affogato?
This tea affogato is a spin on an Italian coffee-based dessert. It usually has a scoop of vanilla covered by a shot of hot espresso. I see traditional matcha as the tea version of the classic. Both high in caffeine, and both delicious.
Looking for more matcha recipes?
I have many matcha recipes here, but following are a few of my favorites:
- (Boba) Matcha Bubble Tea
- Matcha Crème Brûlée
- Dark Chocolate & Matcha Mouse Sandwiches
- Macaron Matcha Ice Cream Sandwiches