A quick, easy, and healthy dish packed with flavor and nutrients. Perfect for those busy weeknights…just prep the veggies in over the weekend or the day before and you’ll have dinner ready in less than 15 minutes! If you don’t own a spiralizer (like me), borrow one for this recipe! I wanted to see what all the hype was with zoodles, and they really are great. I created this simple stir fry recipe that I normally make with chopped zucchini, and it made the recipe much more fun…Zoodling optional!
Veggie Zoodle Stir Fry
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 bouillon cube or 1 tsp better than bouillon
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 tbsp any oil like sunflower seed grapeseed, canola, or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch broccolini broccoli, or broccoli rabe
- 4-5 zucchini sliced with a spiralizer OR chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup snow peas
- Cut the scallions to separate the dark greens and whites. Thinly slice the whites and light greens. Set aside.
- Add the scallion greens, mirin, soy sauce, sake, bouillon, and brown sugar to a saucepan. Bring to boil. Lower to simmer. Simmer until reduced by 1/2. Remove from heat, discard the scallion greens, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the white parts of the scallions, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Cook 1-2 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the bell peppers, broccoli rabe, and snow peas. Cook 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Turn up the heat to high. Add the contents of the saucepan. Let it come to a simmer. Add the zoodles. Mix well. Cook 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!