Easy noodle dishes are a great weeknight dinner recipe because they come together quickly. This dish with tofu, inspired by pad Thai, comes together in less than 30 minutes, and the leftovers are just as delicious.
Why this Recipe Works
I learned how to make pad Thai while living in Thailand, and this recipe is adapted from the recipe I learned but uses ingredients you can easily find in the US.
The noodles are cooked separately, making sure they are perfectly cooked before adding them to the stir fry. This also makes it so you can cook them at the same time as the stir fry, getting you this dish on the table in less than 30 minutes.
The simple flavors in this dish are something you will never get sick of, making this dish a wonderful weeknight regular.
Ingredients & Substitutions
sugar - you can use palm sugar, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, or a combination of granulated and brown sugar.
oil - use any flavorless oil. I usually use sunflower seed oil, canola, or avocado seed oil.
How to Make this Recipe
Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the noodles per the package instructions. Drain and set aside. In the meantime, fry the tofu in a non-stick pan with the oil until golden on all sides. Add the garlic. Fry until fragrant.
Scramble the eggs into the pan and cook until mostly dry.
Add the bean sprouts, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and stir well.
Add the scallions. Stir to mix. The scallions should be wilted. Then add the cooked noodles. Top with chopped peanuts and serve!
Noodle Stir Fry FAQs
You cook the noodles per the package instructions, then add them to your favorite stir fry. Depending on the type of rice noodle, you will either have to soak them, blanch them, or cook them.
Yes, they are naturally gluten-free. However, you should check the ingredients for any additives, just in case.
More Easy Noodle Dinners
I love a comforting noodle dish, and here are some of my favorite, easy recipes:
Rice Noodle Stir Fry with Tofu
- ½ lb. Pad Thai rice noodles
- 1 lb. firm tofu cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1.25 oz. scallions 1 bunch, cut into 2-inch segments, white parts also sliced down the center lengthwise
- 4.5 oz. bean sprouts
- 4 teaspoon garlic minced
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup flavorless oil like sunflower seed or canola
- 5 tablespoon vegan oyster sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar palm or granulated
- ⅓ cup chopped peanuts
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the noodles per the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, fry the tofu in a non-stick pan with the oil until golden on all sides. Add the garlic. Fry until fragrant.
- Scramble the eggs into the pan and cook until mostly dry.
- Add the bean sprouts, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and stir well.
- Add the scallions. Stir to mix. The scallions should be wilted. Then add the cooked noodles.
- Top with chopped peanuts and serve!
This post was originally published in July of 2017 but was republished with a new recipe name, new photos, step by step instructions, FAQs, and tips in January of 2021.