Garlic scallion rice noodles with carrots is exactly what I want when I’m craving take-out…and ready even faster than they can deliver! Using pad Thai noodles, this pad Thai stir fry is my current favorite spin on Asian flavors.
Garlic Scallion Rice Noodles with Carrots
- 1 cup sliced scallions greens & whites
- 1/4 cup flavorless oil like avocado or sunflower seed
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sherry or marsala wine
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp flavorless oil to cook the carrots
- 4 large carrots multicolored
- 14 oz. pad thai noodles
- Mix the scallions, oil, coconut aminos, garlic, sherry/marsala, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- In the meantime, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add the carrots. Cook 5-10 minutes until you reach the tenderness you like in the veggies. Add the scallion mixture. Mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Add the noodles to your boiling water. Cook per the package. Drain. Add to the pan with the carrots and scallions. Stir well to coat and serve!
This simple noodle stir fry was born when I was cleaning out the pantry before our house got fumigated. We had few ingredients, and I needed to make something work for dinner. Magically, this flavorful noodle dish was born and we’ve been making it ever since!
What are pad Thai noodles?
Pad Thai noodles are bánh phò viêt mien lào rice noodles with two ingredients: rice and water. However, many grocery stores just call them pad Thai noodles. If you can’t find them, you can get them on Amazon.
Can I use other veggies in these garlic scallion noodles?
Yes, you can add any cooked veggies you would like. I’ve made it with broccoli, bok choy, green beans, and even tofu. Choose your own adventure, and make sure everything is cooked the way you like it before you add it to your scallion mixture.
Then, add your scallion mixture, mix well, and turn off the heat per the recipe instructions. Finally, add your noodles, mix well, and you’re ready to serve!
How else do I use pad Thai noodles?
Buy that 3-pack of noodles on Amazon and make these garlic scallion rice noodles plus these two dishes: