Get ready for the salad of your dreams…a simple tossed green salad with poppy seed dressing, and it contains everything your body wants and needs right now! This summer salad is on repeat in my house, and fills me up with all the nutrients I need for those long, hot, outdoor summer days.
Tossed Green Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2-3 heads romaine chopped
- 1/2 small head purple cabbage sliced/shredded
- 2 large carrots thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 avocados pitted and sliced
- 4 eggs poached, soft boiled, or hard boiled
- 1 pint sprouts
- 1 english cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 can black beans or kidney beans drained and rinsed well
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed well
- Optional: Croutons
Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/2-1 tsp microplaned yellow onion or shallot
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp white or turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing well.
- Mix the romaine, purple cabbage, and carrots in a large bowl with the dressing. Mix well. Add the croutons.
- Mix the beans.
- Assemble your salad and enjoy!
And those colors, right?! Trust me, you will not be able to stop eating this salad…it’s that good. And the best part is that it is actually fills you up. We’re so used to have a salad just because it’s healthy. Now you get to have a salad because it is what you are craving.
Created from the wonderful memory of Intermezzo’s famous tossed green salad in Berkeley, CA before they sadly burned down. It’s memory will live on through this amazing salad. [UPDATE: Intermezzo has reopened as Cafe Mezzo!]