If you're like me, you get a craving for Thai curries every so often. This lime coconut curry with chicken hits the spot every time!
Shop my favorite dutch oven here.
To marinade or not?
I recommend marinating the chicken overnight. However, if you can't plan that far ahead, try and let it marinade as long as possible.
Green beans not in season?
Buy frozen! They work just as great, but do not add them until after the chicken is cooked (after step 5, before step 6).
Why is your sprouted brown rice multicolored?
I use an 8 grain mix that includes sprouted brown rice. Here is a link to the one I buy.
Can I make this Thai lime coconut curry in advance?
Yes, you can make this curry up to 2 days in advance. This curry is arguably better the longer it sits. So if you know you won't have time to make dinner one night, get this beauty going a few days ahead of time and all you'll have to do is heat it up.
Does it freeze well?
Yes! So make extra and freeze for up to 3 months. Then, defrost overnight in the refrigerator, and reheat on the stove or in the microwave. The rice can be frozen, too, but I do not recommend it. If you must, defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Then, either microwave, or add a splash of water to a pot to reheat on the stove over low heat.
NOTE: I have never frozen this dish when using frozen green beans. I am not sure they will hold up well. But you can give it a try and hope for the best!
Thai-Inspired & Chicken Recipes?
Wanting more Thai food other than this delicious Thai Lime Coconut Curry? Try my Vegetarian Pad Thai here! And my personal favorite...Bok Choy Noodle Stir Fry! And here are some more delicious chicken:
- Khoresh Bademjan - Persian Chicken and Eggplant Stew
- Summer Salad Rolls with Strawberry Cashew Dressing
- Chicken Tacos
- Imbakabaka - Libyan Chicken Pasta Dish
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!★
I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m up to.
Thai Lime Coconut Curry with Chicken & Green Beans
- 5 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 2 limes zested & juiced
- 2 tablespoon red curry powder
- 2 teaspoon chile powder
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½-1 lb. Chinese long green beans cut into 2-4 inch chunks
- 1 bunch of Thai basil stemmed
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ cups sprouted brown rice
- 3 cups water or stock
- Add your coconut oil, lime zest & juice, curry powder, chile powder, a pinch of salt, and chicken to a bowl. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours minimum, overnight preferred.
- Cook your rice: Bring the water to boil. Add the rice. Cover. Lower to simmer. Cook 25-30 minutes, depending on how soft you like your rice.
- Let your chicken come to room temperature, ~30 minutes.
- Heat your high sided pot over medium heat and add 2 tablespoon of coconut oil. When hot, add your chicken skin side down. Add the onion. Cook until brown, ~5 minutes. Flip and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add your coconut milk and green beans. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook 15-20 minutes, until the chicken reaches internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let rest for 5 minutes. Add the chopped cilantro, basil leaves, and serve in individual bowls over the rice.