This recipe slightly adapted from the Baking Steel website is the perfect pizza crust you’ve been looking for. Makes that perfect, thin, charred crust you’re craving right now.
72-Hour Pizza Dough
This recipe slightly adapted from the Baking Steel website is the perfect pizza crust you've been looking for. Makes that perfect, thin, charred crust you're craving right now.
- 500 grams bread flour or all purpose 3 3/4 cups
- 16 grams sea salt 2 tsp
- 1 gram active dry yeast 1/4 tsp
- 350 grams water 1 1/2 cups
- Mix the flour, yeast, and salt in a 6 quart bowl or food-grade plastic container.
- Slowly add water, using a wooden spoon mix thoroughly.
- Knead in the bowl for 2-3 minutes until the dough is fully incorporated.
- Cover with a damp cloth, the lid, or plastic wrap.
- Let it bulk ferment for 24 hours at room temperature.
- Lightly flour the surface of the dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Place one portion between your hands and fold two sides into center. Rotate 90 degrees and fold into center and continue this process until a ball is formed. Place smooth side into palm and swiftly pinch the seam closed.
- Place each dough ball into highly oiled plastic cylinders, and place in fridge for 48 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator at least 1 hour before use.
Calories: 455kcal | Carbohydrates: 95g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1557mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 3g | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 5.8mg