This recipe slightly adapted from the Baking Steel website is the perfect pizza crust you’ve been looking for. Makes that perfect, thin, charred crust you’re craving right now.
72-Hour Pizza Dough
- 500 grams bread flour or all purpose 3 3/4 cups
- 16 grams sea salt 2 tsp
- 1 gram active dry yeast 1/4 tsp
- 350 grams water 1 1/2 cups
- Mix the flour, yeast, and salt in a 6 quart bowl or food-grade plastic container.
- Slowly add water, using a wooden spoon mix thoroughly.
- Knead in the bowl for 2-3 minutes until the dough is fully incorporated.
- Cover with a damp cloth, the lid, or plastic wrap.
- Let it bulk ferment for 24 hours at room temperature.
- Lightly flour the surface of the dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Place one portion between your hands and fold two sides into center. Rotate 90 degrees and fold into center and continue this process until a ball is formed. Place smooth side into palm and swiftly pinch the seam closed.
- Place each dough ball into highly oiled plastic cylinders, and place in fridge for 48 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator at least 1 hour before use.