It's pizza night, and I'm making a sweet, nutty, and peppery treat! This fig, pesto, & arugula pizza is topped with pine nuts and fresh, peppery arugula...and it's exactly what your taste buds are craving right now!
I use a baking steel because it prevents a soggy bottom on my pizza...it gets perfectly crispy, just the way I like it. Here is a link to purchase one, they're $89.
And if you're interested in making your own pizza dough, I've searched long and hard to finally get the one I think is best. Check out the recipe here.
Fig, Pesto, & Arugula Pizza
- Pizza dough for 4 pizzas 72-hour pizza dough recipe or no-knead pizza dough recipe above!
- 1 cup packed arugula
- 16 oz. mozarella 4 oz. per pizza
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1 lb. fresh figs thinly sliced
- 3 cups packed basil stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic cut in half
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 550 degrees. I recommend using a pizza stone or steel, but if you don't have one, just cook your pizza on a cookie sheet for a few minutes longer.
- Prepare your dough per the package or per the recipe if you made your own. I like to spread it out on parchment paper in two rounds. The first round, place the dough in the center and press it down and toward the edges. Let it rest 10 minutes and do it again until you reach your desired level of thickness.
- Pesto: Add the basil, 1/4 cup pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor. With the food processor on, slowly add the olive oil.
- Lay down the pesto to your liking on each pizza. Go as close to the edges of the dough as you feel comfortable.
- Layer the figs.
- Evenly space the mozarella by ripping/smushing into small-medium pieces.
- Sprinkle the parmesan and pine nuts.
- Cook 8-10 minutes. Top with fresh arugula while it is still hot, and serve!