You will want to put this more than just your pizzas and pastas – avocado toasts, poached eggs, caprese salad, bake it into bread, mix it into hummus, and I could go on forever. Delicious.
- 3 cups packed basil Stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic Rough chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the stems off the basil.
- Quarter or roughly chop the garlic (if you put it in the food processor whole they will not break down)
- Toast pine nuts.
- Put the basil, garlic, and pine nuts and 1/4 tsp pepper in the food processor.
- With the food processor on, slowly add the olive oil.
- Finely grate the parmesan into a medium sized bowl. The parmesan is salty so we don't add salt until the end.
- Add the contents of the food processor to the parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.