Pumpkin pie anyone? I am excited to finally share my recipe for the PERFECT pumpkin pie that I have been making for 10 years now! It is the perfect texture, amount of sweetness, and spiced to perfection. I'll show you how to roast your own pumpkin (my preference) & make your own pie crust, but it also works with canned and store bought.
My Perfect-Every-Time Pumpkin Pie
- 1 prepared pie crust the rolled frozen or refrigeratedversion at room temp
- 1 sugar-pie pumpkin or 1.5 if they are small OR 1 15-oz can of plain pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat to 350F.
- Cut the pumpkin in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Place cut side down on a baking sheet. Bake 1 hour. Let cool. Remove skin.
- Prepare your pie dish with the store bought crust. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat to 350F with the rack in the lower half of the oven.
- Add the pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt to a food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Add the puree to a saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until heated through, ~5 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half and maple syrup. Whisk until incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to your prepared pie dish.
- Bake ~1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool 1 hour...be patient, this is the hardest part!