I thought up this recipe in the shower and it when I made it, it was a HUGE hit! Some of my best thinking happens outside the kitchen…
Jalapeño Lime Salmon with Simple Salad
I thought up this recipe in the shower and it when I made it, it was a HUGE hit! Some of my best thinking happens outside the kitchen...
- 1 1/2 lb. wild line-caught salmon
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño sliced on a mandolin (or thinly sliced)
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
For the salad:
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 3 radishes sliced on a mandolin
- 1 cucumber sliced on a mandolin
- 1 lime
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Add the juice of 2 limes, olive oil, honey, garlic, and jalapeño to a baking dish.
- Season the salmon with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Place the salmon SKIN SIDE UP. This is the big trick in the recipe. It allows all the fat to seep into the salmon as it cooks. Also makes for easy skin removal.
- Cook 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. You will know it is ready when the skin easily peels off in one piece. Also, it should easily flake when you cut into the center.
- While your salmon is in the oven, mix your lettuce, radishes, and cucumber in a bowl. Squeeze with the juice of the lime. Drizzle 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- When your salmon is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool a few minutes. Peel skin off (should be easy or the salmon isn't ready).
- Cut and serve. I flip it over to serve so the bottom is up. Top with sauce from pan if desired.
Don't let the salmon sit too long in the lime juice or it will begin to cure.
Calories: 730kcal | Carbohydrates: 144g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 897mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 22.4mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 3.9mg