Last updated on September 30th, 2018 at 11:54 am
The flavors!!! The FLAVORS!!! Marinade tonight, and you’ll have the best dinner ever tomorrow. This recipe is not just easy, but makes for easy clean-up!
Chickpea & Fennel Chicken Traybake
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs OR 1 whole chicken
- 1 yellow onion peeled, and diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp corriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup flavorless oil like sunflower seed or canola
- salt and pepper
- 1-1.5 lbs small potatoes sliced in half, large ones quartered
- 2 fennel bulbs trimmed and sliced
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed, (peeled is optional)
- Marinade the chicken OVERNIGHT in the refrigerator in the oil, onion, garlic, cumin, corriander, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Take the chicken out of the refrigerator. Preheat to 425F.
- Add the potatoes, fennel, and chickpeas to a sheet pan or baking dish. Top with the chicken (with everything on it). Toss to coat. Make sure the chicken is sitting on top of the vegetables.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Tent and let rest 5-10 minutes.