Last updated on September 30th, 2018 at 11:51 am
The way your house will smell when you make this will keep you going back and forth to the oven until it is ready, and then devour it while it’s probably still too hot to eat.
Balsamic Chicken Traybake with Kalamata Olives
The way your house will smell when you make this will keep you going back and forth to the oven until it is ready, and then devour it while it's probably still too hot to eat.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs OR 1 whole chicken
- 1 red onion peeled, and sliced into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 1 head garlic cloves separated + 5-6 cloves minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup flavorless oil like sunflower seed or canola
- 1-2 tbsp herbes de provence
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1-1.5 lbs small potatoes sliced in half, large ones quartered
- 1/2-1 cup olives drained (I used kalamata)
- Marinade the chicken OVERNIGHT in the refrigerator in the oil, balsamic vinegar, herbes de provence, both kinds of mustard, salt and pepper.
- Take the chicken out of the refrigerator. Preheat to 425F.
- Add the potatoes, onion, olives, and garlic cloves to a sheet pan or baking dish. Top with the chicken (with everything on it). Toss to coat. Make sure the chicken is sitting on top of the vegetables.
Cook for 45 minutes for thighs, 1 hour 15 minutes for a whole chicken.
- Tent and let rest 5-10 minutes.