This simple salmon recipe adapted from Bobby Flay’s Miso-Ginger Salmon is a must! Enjoy!
Miso Ginger Salmon
This simple salmon recipe adapted from Bobby Flay's Miso-Ginger Salmon is a must! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lb. wild line-caught salmon
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 to 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp green onions minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Add the miso, mirin, rice vinegar, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, , and sesame oil to a baking dish.
- Season the salmon with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Place the salmon SKIN SIDE UP. This is the big trick in the recipe. It allows all the fat to seep into the salmon as it cooks. Also makes for easy skin removal.
- Cook 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. You will know it is ready when the skin easily peels off in one piece. Also, it should easily flake when you cut into the center.
- Peel skin off (should be easy or the salmon isn't ready).
- Cut and serve. I flip it over to serve so the bottom is up. Top with sauce from pan if desired.
Calories: 693kcal | Carbohydrates: 140g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1269mg | Potassium: 792mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 77IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 4mg