I've spiced up my classic chickpea hummus with some jalapeño, cilantro, and lime. Pairs perfectly with my chicken kabobs.
Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus
- 1 jalapeño stem and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup cilantro leaves packed
- 1 tbsp oil olive, avocado, sunflower seed, etc.
- 1/4 cup lime juice 1-2 limes, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 can chick peas peeled peas optional
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1-2 tbsp water
- In a food processor combine the jalapeno, garlic, cilantro leaves, sunflower seed oil, lime, and salt.
- Pulse until the jalapeno and garlic are chopped into small pieces and the cilantro is broken down.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl, add the chickpeas and tahini.
- Process for 3-4 minutes, stopping twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Add water a little at a time to get to the consistency you want.
And what do I do with my cilantro jalapeño hummus? Check out this recipe for Chicken Kabobs with Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus and Israeli Salad. You'll have this recipe on repeat all summer!