Last updated on December 29th, 2018 at 10:47 am
I’ve spiced up my classic chickpea hummus with some jalapeño, cilantro, and lime. Pairs perfectly with my chicken kabobs.
Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus
I've spiced up my classic chickpea hummus with some jalapeño, cilantro, and lime. Pairs perfectly with my chicken kabobs.
- 1 fresh jalapeño stem and seeds removed
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1-2 limes juiced (just one if large and juicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 can chick peas peeled peas optional
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1-2 tbsp water
- In a food processor combine the jalapeno, garlic, cilantro leaves, sunflower seed oil, lime, and salt.
- Pulse until the jalapeno and garlic are chopped into small pieces and the cilantro is broken down.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl, add the chickpeas and tahini.
- Process for 3-4 minutes, stopping twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Add water a little at a time to get to the consistency you want.
And what do I do with my cilantro jalapeño hummus? Check out this recipe for Chicken Kabobs with Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus and Israeli Salad. You’ll have this recipe on repeat all summer!