A family favorite I learned how to make from my grandma. I’ve health-ied it up by opting for the oven instead of the fryer…and you won’t be able to tell the difference!
Baked Falafel Burgers
- 1 15-oz. can of chickpeas drained, rinsed, and dried on paper towels
- 1 large shallot roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and cut in half
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp corriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 jalapeño seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 4 pieces of romaine lettuce
- 2 vine tomatoes sliced
- 6 tbsp tahini
- Preheat to 425F.
- Add all your ingredients to a food processor. Process until clumps together. I like to keep it chunky.
- Roll into balls the size of ping pong balls. Should make 16 balls (4 per burger).
- Lightly brush the bottom and top of each ball with olive oil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Use tongs to flip each falafel. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Assemble your burgers by placing the lettuce on the bottom bun, top with sliced tomatoes, top with 4 falafel balls each, drizzle with tahini, and cover with the top of your bun.