It’s Purim and you know you want some pizzatashen! Why limit hamantashen to cookies?!
PIZZATASHEN (PIZZA HAMANTASHEN)
It's Purim and you know you want some pizzatashen! Why limit hamantashen to cookies?!
- Pizza dough 72-hour pizza dough recipe or no-knead pizza dough recipe
- 1/2 jar marinara or use this recipe
- 1 jalapeño (optional) sliced thinly on a mandolin
- 6 oz mozzarella
- olive oil
- Make your 72-hour pizza dough! (3 days in advance.) On day 2 you cut it into 4 pieces.
- Preheat your oven to 550 degrees. I recommend a baking steel, but if you don't have one, just cook your pizza on a cookie sheet for a few minutes longer.
- Prepare your dough per the package or if you made the 72-hour dough: Quarter each of the 4 balls, then cut in half again (each ball gives you 8 pieces.) Roll each piece into a circle. Pinch the edges to form triangles. Place on a baking sheet. They don't need that much space between them. I usually fit 16 on a sheet.
- Add 1-2 tsp of marinara to each triangle of dough.
- Top each with a piece of the mozzarella by ripping/smushing into small-medium pieces.
- Optional: Top each with 1 slice of jalapeño.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 974mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 215mg | Iron: 2.8mg