Looking for a quick, crowd-pleasing appetizer? Or maybe just a healthy, easy summer meal? This corn, tomato, & basil mozzarella bruschetta is kid AND adult friendly. You'll see that these mozzarella balls are basically just string cheese for adults!
Corn, Tomato, & Basil Mozzarella Bruschetta
- 1 baguette sliced on a diagonal and toasted
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes cut in half, large ones quartered
- 8 oz. small mozzarella balls cut in half
- 3 ears fresh corn husked and corn cut off the cob
- 1 cup packed fresh basil chiffonade
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add your tomatoes, mozzarella, corn, and basil to a bowl. Dress with the olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss well to coat with the dressing.
- Top your toasts with the delicious salad, and serve!
I never have time in the summer...mostly because I prefer hanging out with friends, catching glassy ocean time, or getting outside and climbing. These quick 15 minute healthy, delicious, and fresh meals that use all the delicious summer produce are my go-to...and trust me, you'll want them to be yours, too!
Want this to be carb-less? Throw the salad on top of a bed of lettuce instead of the toast, and it is just as delicious! I use butter lettuce with this one, and just LOVE it!
And make sure to use a high quality extra virgin olive oil for the dressing...you can use the cheap stuff for cooking, but with dressings always opt for the best.