My favorite Passover snack and meal isn’t a fancy roast or laborious dinner… Instead, it’s this 4-ingredient matzah pizza that you can make in your oven, or even toaster oven. It satisfies all the cravings I’m having for those foods we’re not allowed to eat this week!
4-Ingredient Matzah Pizza
- 4 matzah kosher for passover
- 1 cup pizza sauce kosher for passover, marinara works, too
- 12 oz. mozzarella kosher for passover
- 2 oz. fresh basil
- Place your matzah on a baking sheet (or two).
- Spread 1/4 cup of sauce on each of your matzah.
- Shred 3 oz. of mozzarella over each of your matzah.
- With the oven rack just below the broiler, broil on high until the cheese melts, ~5 minutes. Keep your eyes on it so the matzah doesn’t burn.
- Remove from oven, top with fresh basil, and let cool slightly before eating!
What’s kosher for Passover?
Many more foods are kosher for Passover than you think! Both Sepharadic & Ashkenazi Jews follow slightly different rules, and I follow a mix of the two because I am half and half. Here is the list of foods I eat during Passover:
- All fruits & All vegetables (except corn, millet, lentils, beans, peanuts, soy beans, mustard, cumin, fennel seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds)
- Beef, turkey, chicken, fish with scales, duck, or goose
- Dairy (not eaten alongside meat, though)
- Nuts and nut butters (except peanut and soy butters)
- Quinoa, Almond, coconut, and quinoa flours
- Fermented vegetables
- Processed foods marked kosher-for-Passover
Looking for kosher for Passover pizza sauce?
Looking for more of my kosher for Passover dishes other than this matzah pizza?
Try some of these kosher for Passover favorites: