This is not just a delicious way to eat your salad - if you're up for it, let everyone roll their own spring rolls! Saves you the extra step and makes it more fun for everyone.
Tofu Spring Rolls
This is not just a delicious way to eat your salad - if you're up for it, let everyone roll their own spring rolls! Saves you the extra step and makes it more fun for everyone. Helpful tip: Slice all your veggies with a mandolin.
- 1 1" piece ginger peeled
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- ¼ -½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bag rice paper wrappers
- 1 lb. tofu
- ¾ cup sprouts
- ¾ cup carrots sliced on a mandolin and julienned
- 1 cucumber sliced on a mandolin
- ¼ red cabbage sliced on a mandolin
- 1 bunch cilantro optional
- 1 bunch mint optional
- 10 leaves lettuce
- Peanut Sauce: Add all the ingredients for the peanut sauce to the food processor. Add ⅓ cup water and run until smooth.
- Tofu: Boil the tofu in water for 5-10 minutes. Drain well. Cut into ½ inch long strips.
- Spring Rolls: Pour water into a shallow dish and dip the rice paper for 2-3 seconds per side. Transfer to a damp cutting board. Trust me, it sounds easier than it looks. Add tofu, veggies, and herbs to your liking. They don't all need to be the same. Gently roll like a burrito. Cover with a damp towel to keep fresh.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 455mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4926IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 3mg