This is not just a delicious way to eat your salad - if you're up for it, let everyone roll their own spring rolls! Saves you the extra step and makes it more fun for everyone.
Tofu Spring Rolls
This is not just a delicious way to eat your salad - if you're up for it, let everyone roll their own spring rolls! Saves you the extra step and makes it more fun for everyone. Helpful tip: Slice all your veggies with a mandolin.
- 1 1" piece ginger peeled
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ cup unsalted peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- ¼ -½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bag rice paper wrappers
- 1 lb. tofu
- ¾ cup sprouts
- ¾ cup carrots sliced on a mandolin and julienned
- 1 cucumber sliced on a mandolin
- ¼ red cabbage sliced on a mandolin
- 1 bunch cilantro optional
- 1 bunch mint optional
- 10 leaves lettuce
- Peanut Sauce: Add all the ingredients for the peanut sauce to the food processor. Add ⅓ cup water and run until smooth.
- Tofu: Boil the tofu in water for 5-10 minutes. Drain well. Cut into ½ inch long strips.
- Spring Rolls: Pour water into a shallow dish and dip the rice paper for 2-3 seconds per side. Transfer to a damp cutting board. Trust me, it sounds easier than it looks. Add tofu, veggies, and herbs to your liking. They don't all need to be the same. Gently roll like a burrito. Cover with a damp towel to keep fresh.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 455mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4926IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 3mg
Did you try this recipe?Don't forget to leave a rating and/or comment! And tag @ProportionalPlate on TikTok or Instagram... I'd love to see what you're making.
I really love the rice paper wrappers. Everyone can make their own - just have water available and patiently explain how to do the roll. Each person can create their own “invented dish”. Superb!
So happy you are including these in your picky diet... and that they're fun for you to make. Thank you!!