These matcha dipped candied oranges are such a treat! And if you use blood oranges like I did, you’ll be blown away by the color combo. Make the candied oranges up to one week in advance for easy entertaining or holiday gifting!
Matcha Dipped Candied Oranges
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 3 oranges I used blood oranges
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp culinary matcha powder
- In a medium sized skillet or pot, bring your water and sugar to a boil.
- Slice your oranges 1/4″ thick.
- Add your oranges to the sugar water and cook until translucent, ~20 minutes.
- Flip your oranges. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the syrup is thick and the oranges are tender, but intact, ~15 minutes.
- Set your oranges aside to cool, preferable on a rack, and preferably overnight. Reserve syrup for other usage.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and oil. Remove from heat.
- Dip your oranges in the matcha and set aside to cool so the chocolate hardens.
- Keeps in your refrigerator for up to 1 week!
Start by slicing your oranges.
After boiling the oranges, place them on a rack to dry and drain. I did not have a baking rack handy, so I used an oven rack on top of a baking sheet. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up!
If possible, let your blood oranges dry overnight. If not, let them dry as long as possible. It makes it easier to dip them. The (undipped) candied oranges will keep your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
The matcha dipped candied oranges will keep in your refrigerator for up to 1 week.
PRO TIP: After you dip the oranges in the matcha, let them harden, and dip them in some dark chocolate for an extra special treat.
WHAT KIND OF MATCHA DO YOU USE FOR THIS RECIPE?
Do I have to use blood oranges?
These candied oranges work great with any oranges, but blood oranges add such a beautiful color to the final treat!
LOOKING FOR MORE MATCHA RECIPES?
I have many matcha recipes here like these matcha blood oranges, but following are a few of my favorites:
- Matcha Affogato
- Matcha Crème Brûlée
- Dark Chocolate & Matcha Mouse Sandwiches
- Macaron Matcha Ice Cream Sandwiches
I earn from qualifying Mizuba Tea Co. & Amazon purchases. All opinions are mine alone.