Persian Basmati Rice
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 3 tbsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp flavorless oil canola, sunflower seed
- Bring about 2/3 a pot water of water to boil.
- Add 3 tbsp salt.
- Wash rice 3 times with lukewarm water.
- Put the rice in the pot and gently stir.
- Bring to boil, then remove the lid to keep from overflowing.
- When al dente, strain.
- If salty, rinse with cold water.
- Shake colander to remove as much water as possible.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of oil in a pot. Then gently add the drained rice.
- Using the back side of a kitchen utensil, make 6 deep holes in the rice, then put the lid back on.
- Cook on medium heat, watching it carefully.
- When the lid gets foggy, pour a little oil over the rice - about 3 tbsp. Then put the lid back on and turn the heat to the lowest possible setting.
- Cook 20-30 min from when the oil is poured on top.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5236mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg