I love roasting potatoes when I have something already in the oven. I just throw them in during the last 20 minutes the chicken is cooking and they are ready to go in time for dinner. If you do not feel like these 2-step potatoes, use this easy recipe for roasting root vegetables. Works great for potatoes!
Perfect Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Herbes de provence optional
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Chop the potatoes so they are all the same size, ~1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Just barely cover the potatoes in a pot with water. Add salt, and bring to boil.
- When it comes to a full boil turn the heat to simmer and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to sheet pan.
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put in the oven for ~20-30 minutes - however long it takes them to get golden and crispy.