Last updated on April 26th, 2019 at 01:30 pm
Have you joined the Proportional Plate One-Small-Change Challenge, yet? This week we are showing gratitude to people in our lives with thank you cards, or gratitude cards. The challenge is: every day this week, write one thank you note and send it.
What supplies do I need for these gratitude cards?
To make a set of 8 cards like the ones I made here, you will need:
- 4 sheets of 12″x12″ cardstock
- 6 sheets of colored 8.5″x11″ computer paper (all the same color)
- 3 sheets of 8.5″x11″ cardstock (2 in one color, and 1 in another)
- 8 4″x6″ envelopes
- double sided tape
- glue stick
- heart punch
- scissors OR paper cutter
- plastic bone folder
How to make these homemade thank you notes:
- Cut your 12″x12″ cardstock: Cut each 12″x12″ sheet in half. Then trim the end so you get 2 8.25″x6″ strips. Fold each in half, and score with your bone folder. These are your cards. Set aside.
- Cut the 4 sheets of colored 8.5″x11″ computer paper: Cut each sheet into two 8″x5.5″ parts. Fold each in half, and score with your bone folder. These are your card inserts. Set aside.
3. Cut the 2 same-colored sheets of 8.5″x11″ cardstock: Cut each 8.5″x11″ sheet into 4 rectangles 3.75″x5.5″ to use as your card covers.
4. Make your hearts: Cut out 96 hearts from the 1 sheet of cardstock you have left. Cut out 72 hearts from your colored computer paper.
5. Install your card inserts: Use one strip of double sided tape along the center fold of your cards, center your card inserts, and stick your card inserts inside.
6. Glue your hearts: First, arrange your hearts how you like them, then use your gluestick to glue them to the card cover per the design in the photographs.
7. Install your card covers: Use two strips of double sided tape along the tops and bottoms of the card covers to adhere them to the cards.
8. Now you’re ready to write and send!
Why show gratitude?
Research has shown that expressing gratitude is great for your health & well-being. It not only helps the other person’s happiness, but also helps your own!
Why hand written thank you notes?
When was the last time you wrote or received snail mail that wasn’t a bill or credit card offer? Getting a hand written thank you note will stand out for the recipient, and make them feel special that you took the extra time to write it, get postage, and find a mailbox. But if you don’t have time for all that, send a text or email!
Who do I write to?
You can write to the author of a book you are reading, the host of your favorite podcast, a coworker, friend, partner, or family member. Choose one person each day that you feel deserves a THANK YOU, and send them a (preferably) hand-written card to show them you appreciate them.
What is the Proportional Plate One Small Change Challenge?
Every week on Instagram I propose one small change for us to take on for a week. Each challenge is meant to inspire you to create positivity, self-care, & love in your life. At the end of the week, you get to decide if you want to keep it up or let it go and try something else. Challenges are announced every Sunday…join me in creating big impacts in our lives, one small change at a time!