Romaine Salad with Cactus Pear, Mixed Berries, Fennel, Apple, & Basil Vinaigrette
Surprise everyone at your next picnic or potluck with this dreamy summer salad with a dressing you’ll continue to crave for days! This salad will become your go-to for a filling yet light, refreshing, summer lunch.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 5 cactus pears melon-balled
- 1 fennel shaved on a mandolin
- 1 granny smith apple cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- ½ lb. strawberries quartered
- ¼ cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1 cup packed basil stems removed
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
Combine the basil, garlic, vinegar and 1/4 tsp pepper in a food processor.
With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the romaine lettuce, fennel, and apple to a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing. Toss to coat.
Add the berries and cactus pears to the salad. Gently toss to coat.
Sprinkle with the toasted almonds and enjoy!
Calories: 478kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 988mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 1190IU | Vitamin C: 96.1mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 2.8mg