Grilled Baja Fish Tacos with Pico de Gallo Salsa
These fish tacos are THE BEST. You will never need to go to a taco truck again with this recipe.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Pico de Gallo Salsa:
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño diced (seeds removed for a milder salsa)
- 1 lime juiced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. fish I used Opah, but if you choose to make it fried, I recommend Tilapia and if you go grilled, Mahi Mahi is great, Cut into 8-pcs (each piece will make a taco, 2-tacos per person)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1/2 small red cabbage
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 8 tsp hot sauce I use Valentina and truly believe it is the best
- 8 tsp ranch I know this sounds weird, but trust me
- 2 limes cut into 8 wedges total
Salsa: Mix ingredients in a bowl. Set aside. Can be made a day in advance.
Fish: Option 1: Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the pieces of fish. Cook 2-3 minutes per side. Option 2: Grill.
Assembly: Each person gets 2 tortillas. Top in this order: cheese, cabbage, fish, ranch, salsa, hot sauce, squeeze of lime.
Calories: 566kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 1064mg | Potassium: 1045mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1780IU | Vitamin C: 91.2mg | Calcium: 357mg | Iron: 4.4mg