Are you a green or red salsa kind of person? This one is my go-to and it delivers every time! Tomatillos are in season, and I couldn’t be happier. They’re those green tomatoes you see at the grocery store with the husks. I’ll be showing you how to transform them into the most delicious green salsa that you can use in many of my recipes.
- 1 1/2 lbs. tomatillos husked, cleaned, and cut in half
- 2 jalapeños stem removed and cut in half
- 1 small red or yellow onion quartered
- 1/2 bulb garlic
- 1-2 tbsp unflavored oil like sunflower seed, vegetable, or canola
- salt & pepper
- 1 lime juiced
- Add your tomatillos, jalapenños, onion, and unpeeled garlic cloves to a sheet pan. Lightly drizzle with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil for 5-7 minutes.
- Peel your garlic. Add all the ingredients to a food processor. Add the juice of 1/2 lime. Pulse until the mixture is your desired chunkiness. Taste and adjust for lime, salt & pepper.