This spiralized fennel and broccoli rabe ooey, gooey, cheesy gratin is filled with nutrients from some delicious veggies. And to top it all off, it has a crispy golden crust sure to please any crowd!
Spiralized Fennel & Broccoli Rabe Gratin
- 2 fennel bulbs spiralized
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 medium shallots thinly sliced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves plus more for serving
- 3 cups Gruyère cheese grated
- 1 cup Parmesan grated
- Preheat to 385°F.
- Prepare the broccoli rabe by shaving the stems with a vegetable peeler, pulling off the large leaves, and snapping off each floret.
- Add the fennel, broccoli rabe, garlic, shallots, salt, pepper, olive oil, and thyme to a large bowl. Toss to coat. Add 1 cup of the Gruyère cheese. Mix well.
- Add the mixture to your baking dish. Press down on the mixture to create more room. This mixture will cook down by about half in the oven.
- Top with the rest of the Gruyère and the 1 cup of parmesan.
- Bake 30 minutes until the cheese just barely starts to brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving...enjoy!