A little bit of this…a little bit of that…some more of this one… This please-all mezze platter will do just that – please everyone with it’s abundance of treats and options. Think of it as a heartier cheese plate…with savory and sweet joining together in perfect harmony.
Please-All Mezze Platter
- 1 batch cilantro jalapeño hummus see recipe below
- 1 cup your favorite jam see recipe below for my cardamom quince jam
- 1/2 lb. canned, stuffed grape leaves
- 1/2 lb. mixed olives
- 2 apples thinly sliced
- 6 oz. goat brie or sub. your favorite cheese
- 8 flatbreads cut into chip-size pieces
- 2 plums or other stone fruit, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cherries or berries
- 1 cup almonds
- 8 dried dates or apricots
- 1 lb. fresh figs cut in half
- Place your hummus, jam, and olives in small bowls. Disperse the rest of your mezze platter items on a large, wooden board. See photo for inspiration.
The best part about a mezze platter, is everyone gets to pick and choose the items they feel like. Ask your family or guests if they have a favorite fruit, jam, cheese, or olive. If you’re setting this out as an appetizer for guests, you can always ask them to pick up some jam, cheese, or olives when they ask what to bring.