This recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Tender and Crisp Chicken Legs with Sweet Tomatoes and Basil recipe is a perfect summery roast. We are getting close to fall and I’m craving all things roasted. This recipe brings summer veggies and herbs to a whole new level!
One-Pot Tomato Basil Chicken
- 4 chicken leg quarters leg and thigh connected
- 1 large bunch of fresh basil leaves picked
- 1 lb. red and yellow cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 whole garlic bulb broken into cloves (peeled or not)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cans cannelini beans drained and rinsed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place chicken in a oven-safe pan.
- Top with the basil, tomatoes, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, and beans.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Mix everything well and push the tomatoes under the chicken.
- Cook uncovered for 90 minutes.
- If your garlic cloves were not peeled, squeeze the garlic out of the skins before serving.
- Jamie's suggestions: "If you fancy, you can add some some sliced new potatoes to the pan along with the chicken. Or you can serve the chicken with some simple mashed potato. Squeeze the garlic out of the skins before serving. You could even make it part of a pasta dish—remove the chicken meat from the bone and shred it, then toss into a bowl of linguini or spaghetti and serve at once.