With the warm months just around the corner, these mixed berry lettuce cups are just what you’re craving… a light, fresh, healthy, delicious, and perfectly satisfying dish for those hot summer days. These gorgeous berry bowls will make any table pop! And if you have any berries left over, they make a great topping for a scoop of sorbet.
Mixed Berry Lettuce Cups with Limoncello Vinaigrette
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- ½ lb. strawberries quartered
- 2-3 tbsp mint leaves chiffonade
- 2-3 tbsp basil leaves chiffonade
- 2 tbsp limoncello
- 1 lemon zested
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Whisk together the limoncello, lemon zest, & lemon juice. While whisking constantly, add the olive oil slowly to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully remove the leaves of the butter lettuce. Wash and set aside. These are your lettuce cups.
- Mix the berries in a bowl with the mint and basil. Drizzle with the dressing. Toss to coat.
- Scoop the berry mixture into your butter lettuce cups, and serve!