My favorite lime curd recipe taken to an awesome level. I just love the tart tart with the sweet graham cracker crust...I know you will, too. And you can make curd 1 week in advance which makes for VERY easy entertaining!
Lime Curd Tart with Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp + 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 + 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 packs of graham crackers finely crumbled
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Crust: Mix the finely crumbled graham crackers, 2 tbsp of melted butter, 2 tbsp sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. It is easiest to put the graham crackers in a large Ziploc bag and roll them with a rolling pin. A food processor or mallet works, too. Press the mixture into your greased tart pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Curd: Whisk the eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and lime juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until thick enough to coat a spoon, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend on VERY low speed, slowly addin small chunks of the other 2 tbsp of butter. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill 2 hours minimum. Make sure to lick the spoon. So good.
- Before serving, whisk the cream into the curd. Pour into the graham cracker tart, and serve.