These Korean style beef ribs are so good, you might want to buy some extra because you WILL over-eat. Marinade overnight and cooks in 15 minutes! Serve with raw sliced carrots and cucumbers, rice noodles, sautéed mushrooms and (optional) sautéed greens.
Korean Beef Ribs with Sautéed Mushrooms
- 2 1/2 lbs. beef short ribs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ~2 4″ fingers of ginger, finely chopped (~1/3 cup when chopped)
- 5-7 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch of scallions cut in 1-inch chunks, greens and whites separated
- 1 1/2 lbs. mushrooms I used oyster and matsutake
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add all the short rib ingredients to a bowl or ziploc bag. Marinade 2 hours-overnight.
- Turn your grill or your broiler on high. Cook 5 minutes on one side, flip, and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over high heat. Add the olive oil.
- When hot, add the mushrooms. Don’t crowd the pan. Cook, without stirring, until the mushrooms are well browned, ~3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Give the mushrooms a good toss to turn them and then briefly sear on the other side.
Shop the white octagonal serving platter here!