The only weekend pastry you will ever want…and you’ll be shocked how ridiculously easy these are to make! These guava pastries have 4 ingredients…and one is water. So you have no excuse but to make them stat!
- 1 package puff pastry thawed per the package
- 1/2 lb. guava (guayaba) paste cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat to 400F.
- Line your baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Unfold your first pastry sheet on the silpat.
- Spread out your guava slices on the pastry sheet. You can go pretty close to the edges.
- Unfold your second pastry sheet and place on top of the guava slices
- Cut into 6-9 rectangular pastries. You do not need to separate them before baking. Cut 3-4 large slits in each of your pastries.
- Beat your egg and water. Brush the pastries with the egg wash. Bake 25-35 minutes until golden brown. The guava filling gets insanely hot, so be careful and let them cool before tasting.