A St. Patrick’s Day treat without the food coloring!
Leave out the chlorophyll if you don’t want it to be green.
Green Lime Curd Creme with Graham Cracker Crumbs
A St. Patrick's Day treat without the food coloring!
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 15-20 drops liquid chlorophyll
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 10 graham crackers finely crumbled
- Curd: Whisk the eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and lime juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until thick enough to coat a spoon, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend on VERY low speed, slowly adding small chunks of the 2 tbsp of butter, then the liquid chlorophyll. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill 2 hours minimum. Make sure to lick the spoon. So good.
- Whisk the cream into the curd.
- Layer your cups by adding the graham cracker crumbs to the bottom of your cup, and top with the curd. Garnish with slices of lime and zest.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 178mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 103mg | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 810IU | Vitamin C: 9.4mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 0.8mg