This herbaceous grain salad is delicious on its own, but wonderful paired with a heavy protein or seafood dish. Recipe adapted from Alison Roman’s Herbed Chickpeas featured in Bon Appetit magazine.
Chickpea & Herb Farro
- 1 can chick peas peeling optional
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped mixed herbs I used cilantro and parsley in the photo
- 3/4 cup 10-minute farro cooked using instuctions on the bag/box - you can cook it in a miso, vegetable, or chicken broth instead of water if you have it around
- Cook the farro per the instructions on the box. (I use 10 minute farro.)
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sautee. Do not let brown.
- Add the chick peas. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the herbs and chick peas into the farro and fluff with a fork.