This quick and simple chickpea curry is aimed to please. If you’re craving Indian food, grab some naan or make some grains and make it happen! Recipe slightly adapted from Epicurious.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas drained and rinsed (peeling optional)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
Farro (cook per the package):
- 1.5 cups farro I use 10-minute farro
- 3 cups water
- Heat the oil over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent. 5-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until the onion is golden. ~2 minutes
- Add the chickpeas, garam masala, curry powder, turmeric, ginger, tomatoes, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water.
- Bring to boil, lower to simmer. Cook ~15 minutes, stirring regularly and making sure the water doesn't completely evaporate. Add more if necessary.
- Season with salt. Top with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with farro or naan.