Meatless breakfast burritos to start your morning of healthy & strong. Ready in 20 minutes, packed with protein, and exactly what I'm craving after an early morning workout or surf session.
How to make a breakfast burrito
First, make the salsa by mixing the tomato, jalapeño, onion, lime, oil, salt, & pepper in a bowl.
Cook the beans & eggs, making sure to mix the cheese into the eggs.
To assemble, layer each tortilla/wrap with ¼ of the black bean mixture, ¼ of the scrambled eggs, ½ an avocado, and salsa. Optional: add hot sauce.
Roll up burrito-style and serve with the extra pico de gallo and hot sauce.
Buy your favorite salsa instead of making the pico de gallo salsa. It's also a great option if you're making these when tomatoes aren't in season.
Looking for more delicious breakfast ideas?
I have many delicious breakfast ideas on the blog, but here are some of my favorites:
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!★
I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m up to.
Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos
- 6-8 eggs scrambled
- 2 15-oz cans of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 avocados sliced
- 4 flour tortillas or wraps I used spinach wraps
- hot sauce optional
Pico de Gallo Salsa:
- 1 large tomato diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño diced (seeds removed for a milder salsa)
- 1 lime juiced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Salsa: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat the black beans on in a pot.
- Whisk together the eggs stir in the grated cheese. Add a dash of hot sauce.
- Heat oil or butter in a pan over medium heat. Reduce to low and add the eggs. Scramble until cooked, ~3 minutes.
- Layer each tortilla/wrap with ¼ of the black bean mixture, ¼ of the scrambled eggs, ½ an avocado.
- Season, to taste, with hot sauce.
- Roll up burrito-style and serve with the pico de gallo and extra hot sauce.
This post was originally published in April of 2017, but was republished with new photos, step by step instructions, and tips September of 2019.
This is my favorite thing to make before a long day of snowboarding! So easy + yummy + perfect for on the go!
It's the perfect thing to make after any outdoor activities... in the summer, after some mountain time, and in the summer after a surf session. So glad to hear you love making it!