Breakfast burritos don't have to have meat to be filling, nutritious, and a great start to your day. These freezer breakfast burritos are meatless, and are the perfect way to start your morning healthy & strong.
They're ready in only 20 minutes, packed with protein, and exactly what I'm craving after an early morning workout or before a long day.
🌟Why You’ll Love This Recipe
🧾Ingredients in This Recipe
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
👩🍳How to Make This Recipe
Serve these meatless breakfast burritos with extra pico de gallo and hot sauce.
❄️How to freeze and reheat this recipe
To freeze: Wait for the eggs and beans to cool completely before assembling the burritos. Then, complete your assembly and immediately freeze them so the tortilla doesn't have time to get soggy.
To reheat in a microwave: Unwrap the burrito and make sure to remove all the foil. Reheat them one at a time. Heat for 2 minutes, then for 30 seconds at a time until hot.
To reheat in an oven: Place the burrito, still wrapped in the foil, directly on the oven rack and bake at 350°F until hot, 20-30 minutes, depending on how frozen they are.
Yes, but they shouldn’t be filled until all the ingredients are cooled, and then wrap them in foil and freeze immediately so the tortilla doesn’t have time to get soggy.
Breakfast burritos usually have some combination of eggs, cheese, meat, and vegetables. Meatless burritos often also have beans and/or potatoes.
Breakfast burritos by themselves are pretty hearty breakfasts, but you can pair them with some fresh fruit or some yogurt. I like to enjoy a tasty beverage with my burritos, like a matcha latte or Persian tea.
Classic burritos comprise a meat filling, beans, rice, and salsa. In California, you can find a style of burrito that contains french fries!
🍳 More Delicious Breakfast Ideas
Supercharge your mornings with these filling and tasty breakfast recipes.
Meatless Breakfast Burritos
- 8 eggs scrambled
- 2 15-oz cans of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 avocados sliced
- 4 spinach wraps or large flour tortillas
- hot sauce optional
Pico de Gallo Salsa:
- 1 large tomato diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño diced (seeds removed for a milder salsa)
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- SALSA & AVOCADO: mix the chopped tomato, jalapeño, onion, lime, oil, salt, & pepper in a bowl. Slice or chop your avocados.
- BEANS: Drain and rinse the black beans, then place them in a pot with fresh water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover the pot, and let the beans simmer until they are tender.
- EGGS: Scramble your eggs and pour them into a greased non-stick pan over medium heat and gently stir to create a soft scramble. As the eggs are starting to cook, add in your cheese to allow it to melt.
- ASSEMBLE: layer each tortilla/wrap with ¼ of the black bean mixture, ¼ of the scrambled eggs, ½ an avocado, and salsa. Optional: add hot sauce for some heat.
- ROLL: Roll up the burritos by closing two short sides of the circle tortilla, then rolling the ingredients into a long log shape.
- Serve burritos with extra pico de gallo and hot sauce.